Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sorry Soriano

I love C.C. Sabathia. Maybe it's just the fact his Mom had to bring his Birth Certificate to his Little League Games because he was so big. But I think it's more he can pitch 7 shut-out innings, only giving up 2 hits and one walk.

To me, that sounds like a solid game... and definitely deserving of the win. However, the Yankees Bullpen gave up his seven innings of work, in just three short outs. And the responsible reliever is Rafael Soriano, our new reliever from the Rays. Last year, Soriano had a 1.73 ERA pitching in 64 games. His career ERA is an impressive 2.72 over 8 seasons. However, his ERA for this season is down the tank today. He loaded the bases mostly on
walks, and then walked in the Twins first run. The Yankees brought in David Robertson who gave up a double, and tied the game. The Twins ultimately won the game in 10 innings.

It's hard to say anything bad about David Robertson after last season. He had a 3.82 ERA with a career average of 3.96. Talk about consistency. But the bases were loaded when he took over the mound.... and it was Soriano who put the runners aboard. I hope that Soriano can survive the pressure of the pinstripes and come out with a solid 1.73 ERA again this year. But as for me, if Sabathia ends this season with only 19 wins, I know who I'll be blaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment